We all need a little excitement in our lives, so how about bringing some to your Thursday lunch or dinner?!
Hello, zucchini! Putting aside zucchini’s delicious, crunchy flavor, it is low in calories. A whole cup of zucchini only contains 35 calories. Plus, it’s rich in vitamins A and C which serve as powerful antioxidants AND anti-inflammatory agents, helping to prevent flus and colds and other diseases that exhaust you. Zucchini’s fiber helps lower your cholesterol.
Pair these yummy Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips with a grilled chicken sandwich or any lunch or dinner entrée!
Oven Baked Zucchini Chips
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
(makes 5 servings)
- ¼ cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (you could also use skim milk)
- 2½ cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl stirring with a whisk.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl and dip zucchini slices in the milk, then dredge them in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated slices on an oven proof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until brown and crisp.
Calories: 60; Fat: 1.9g; Carbohydrates: 7.4g; Fiber: 1.8g; Protein: 3.4g
Adapted from healthdiaries.com and nutritionistinthekitchen.com
2 responses to “Oven-Baked Zucchini Chips”
Have been making this delicious recipe for years, and have shared it several times! This is my favorite way to make zucchini!
Thanks so much for letting us know! We’re so glad you like it! You made our day! 🙂 Thanks again! xoxo