It’s the day after Christmas and all through the house … everyone is sleeping!! Having a hard time getting your energy back after the holiday? Try these tips to get back on track with your healthy eating and to rev your ENERGY!
- It’s okay to sleep! Sleeping 8 hours a night is the first step in getting that energy back!
- Start your day off with fiber and protein. Try a high fiber cereal and skim milk. Or try oatmeal with an egg. The fiber in the cereal will help keep you fuller for longer, leading to less overeating! And protein helps to keep you satiated.
- Drink green tea and/or water throughout the day to stay hydrated. Both are calorie free and green tea contains loads of antioxidants. Just be aware that green tea does contain small amounts of caffeine, about one third the amount you’d find in a cup of coffee.!
- Go for a walk! A walk is perfect if you don’t feel like you can jump back into a high intensity workout plan. Any type of exercise to get those muscles working is better than nothing! Plus, you’ll burn a few holiday calories too boot!
- Protein, protein, protein! Fish and chicken are high protein options that can help keep to extend the energy boost from the carbohydrates so you can power through your day!
What do you do to get back on track after the holidays?