Tomorrow is the first day of the New Year, we’re preparing to celebrate and we hope you are too!
Millions of people will be making their resolutions, many resolving to lose weight. Start the New Year off on the right foot by choosing your drinks wisely tonight; don’t use the evening as an excuse to overindulge in sugary drinks one last time before you commit to your resolution. Aim to consume mostly low calorie drinks and only one or two high calorie ones if you can’t resist – it is a party after all!
Tammy’s husband’s favorite drinks is a vodka club soda with water (yes, water!) with a twist of lime. It lightens up the alcohol. Champagne is another great, light choice! Do you have any favorite low calorie drinks?
Check the list below. It’s a list of alcoholic beverages and approximately how many calories are in one serving. PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE SERVING SIZE. Remember if a serving size is 1.5 ounces and a full glass is poured, you’ll get about six times the calories! Do your best to choose wisely.
- White Wine (5 oz): 100 calories
- Red Wine (5 oz): 100 calories
- Champagne (5 oz): 90 calories
- Beer (12 oz): 150 calories
- Light Beer (12 oz): 110 calories
- Dark Beer (12 oz): 170 calories
- Vodka (1.5 oz): 120 calories
- Scotch (1.5 oz): 120 calories
- Whiskey (1.5 oz): 120 calories
- Cosmopolitan (2.5 oz): 160 calories
- Rum and Coke (12 oz): 360 calories
- Screwdriver (7 oz): 210 calories
- Peppermint Schnapps (1 oz): 110 calories
- Margarita (6.3 oz): 400 calories
- Martini (2 oz): 120 calories
- Gin and Tonic (7 oz): 190 calories
Will any of the low calorie options on this list be your beverage of choice? If not, what do you plan on drinking at the party? Please share your favorite drinks.