All of our favorite ingredients piled into one hot mess of a recipe!
Strawberries, avocados, cheese, and bread are all combined to build this creative lunch recipe that is healthy and easy to make. Fiber-filled whole wheat toast and strawberries will boost your energy while the heart-healthy mashed avocados contain those monounsaturated fats to extend the energy boost of the bread. These are the perfect lunch ingredients that keep your brain fueled with energy!
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- ½ avocado
- 3 medium strawberries, thinly sliced
- ½ oz goat’s cheese
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Black pepper and sea salt to top
- Toast the bread and place on a cooling rack
- Turn your oven on to broil
- Mash the avocado with a fork and then mix in the lemon juice and salt.
- Add oil to a small pan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the strawberries + balsamic, cooking for 3-5min until softened but not falling apart. Stir and flip a few times.
- Add as much avocado to the toast as desired and add 1 layer of cooked strawberries.
- Top with a thin layer of goat cheese.
- Broil until melted, about 1-3min. Be careful that your cheese does not burn.
Per Open Face Melt:
Calories: 193.5; Fat: 11.6g; Carbohydrates: 17.7g; Fiber: 5.6g; Protein: 6.3g
Adapted from edibleperspective.com