If you’ve read any of our blogs, you know these identical twin sister, veggie- loving registered dietitian nutritionists and certified personal trainers have quite a sweet tooth–and that we use all our years of education and tricks to keep it tame. AND we believe that a little bit of sweet flavor makes life sweeter. 🙂 So if you’re following the keto diet and feeling like you’d love a little bit of sweetness in your life that will still be low in carbs and sugar, this rich, creamy number is for you! And it’s so easy–and feels so indulgent!
And while we’re at it, you may also enjoy these keto recipes:
Lemon Ginger Turmeric “Detox” Tea
Ginger Mint Turmeric Green Flat Belly “Detox”
If you’re not on the keto diet, and love this recipe and are on the fence about whether going keto is right for you, check out our article “Should You Go Keto?”
Either way, this recipe has just what you need for your sweet tooth and your health!
We’ve gotta admit that when we were experimenting and created this for the first time, we were shocked by how light and fluffy and creamy this was-and how it satisfied our sweet cravings and squashed them all in just a few licks of the spoon! 😉 You can’t blame us for being a bit surprised simply given that we were counting on an healthy (albeit yummy) avocado, cacao powder and just a wee bit of chocolate and a touch of almond milk and vanilla to make magic! But this little pup didn’t disappoint, and to this day, it’s one of our all time faves! So grab a spoon–and maybe a handheld mirror too 😉 — as you dig in and read below about all of the incredible things this does for your skin (and your body too) and watch it glow!
This recipe is a keto-follower’s dream come true–we’re talking the base being a nutrient-and healthy fat-packed avocado that pack ins 20 nutrients with:
- magical skin nourishing ingredients–antioxidants like vitamin C, beta-carotene and Vitamin E from the avocado.
- Vitamin C keeps skin youthful and elastic by aiding in collagen formation
- Beta carotene helps give a healthy glow and hue while protecting skin from sun damage
- Antioxidants guard against premature aging by helping to prevent cell damage
- Powerful anti-inflammatory compounds give skin a smoother appearance
- Plus avocados are naturally rich in water, so they create moisture within your skin, plumping the cells and filling the crevices in your skin (and preventing a dry, flaky scalp and moisturizing hair too!)
- Avocado’s mono-unsaturated fat acts as an additional nourishing lotion for the skin.
- And from the cocao powder—the benefits!– cocoa flavanols support healthy circulation. This means that aside from promoting cardiovascular health, they improve the flow of oxygen and nutrients to all parts of the body, helping you to perform and feel your best while nourishing your skin, eyes, muscles and all parts of your body—and who doesn’t want a gorgeous complexion, energized muscles and a strong heart?! We certainly do!
Keto Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Nutritional information, per 1 serving
87 calories, 6.7 g fat, 0mg cholesterol, 10.5 mg sodium, 8.8 g carbohydrates, 3.2 g fiber, 1.7 g sugar, 1.5 g protein
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup cocao powder (or cocoa powder)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, divided in half
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Slice and peel the avocado and put into fruit processor or blender.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave with a microwave safe bowl in 15 second intervals, adding splashes of water as needed to keep the consistency smooth
- In the blender, add the melted chocolate chips, cocao powder, half of the almond milk and vanilla extract to the avocado.
- Blend ingredients together until smooth, adding in more almond milk if needed.
- Pour the creamy rich mousse evenly into 6 mini muffin tins for you and your friends to enjoy now, or store in fridge for a cold but sweet treat later! Feel free to add some sliced strawberries or almonds on top!