By now you know that we’re girls who mean business when it comes to our sweets. Although we do eat a well-balanced, wholesome diet, we are NOT girls who pass on a daily treat! In fact, if we skip a daily indulgence, well, that means we’re probably fighting the flu or sick in bed. Since we’re girls that love our sweets, we try to lighten them up (and sometimes we keep them small and bite-sized) as best we can (after all, we kind of have to if we want to indulge daily!)– you probably know this already if you’ve seen our posts like our Skinny Oreo Balls, our Chocolate Drizzled Granola Balls or our Chocolate Coconut Chia Balls, just to name a few!
So here’s another one to add to the collection: these tasty treats are easy, satisfying, and simply delicious! And they’re pretty darn good for you to boot! If these don’t become your new besties we’ve got you all wrong! 🙂 And even if they don’t we think you’ll at the very least find them yummy. Give these nips a whirl and you just may never look back…
Whenever you have a sweet tooth craving, simply grab one of these and bust if for only 15 calories!
Added bonus? Even if you eat the entire thing, you get a healthy dessert that packs in 7 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber and bloat busting potassium from the bananas and the yogurt—great to balance any extra sodium you may have eaten!
Frozen Banana Chocolate Bites
1 small ripe banana, about 6 inches long
2 ounces fat free flavored yogurt of your choice (we used Greek yogurt, raspberry and strawberry)
14 chocolate chips
1. Slice a banana into coins, about 1/4-1/2 inch thick and lay inside freezer safe Tupperware.
2. Top each coin with a dollop of yogurt.
3. Place a chocolate chip in the center of each and place the Tupperware in the freezer.
4. Allow time to freeze—roughly 1-2 hours.Enjoy!
Nutrition Information per Serving: Per 1 bite or nip:
15 Calories, 3g Carbohydrate, 1 g fat, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 1 g protein, 0g fiber,
Nutrition Facts for the entire recipe:
201 Calories, 37 g Carbohydrate, 5 g fat, 4 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 7 g protein, 4 g fiber,
For more than 100 delicious recipes like this, a 10-day Weight Loss Jumpstart and Detox Plan, plus a GET HEALTHY plan please check out The Nutrition Twins’ Veggie Cure
- 1 small ripe banana, about 6 inches long
- 2 ounces fat free flavored yogurt of your choice (we used Greek yogurt, raspberry and strawberry)
- 14 chocolate chips
- Slice a banana into coins, about ¼-1/2 inch thick and lay inside freezer safe Tupperware.
- Top each coin with a dollop of yogurt.
- Place a chocolate chip in the center of each and place the Tupperware in the freezer.
- Allow time to freeze—roughly 1-2 hours.Enjoy!